UPDATE: I have a show up right now at Radio Room until Nov 24th. Details here about “Paste Eater.”
I’ve been doing word collages for a long time but only recently started using manipulated-by-hand images (from old magazines and books) and have become more serious about it. I’m still learning and exploring but wanted to share some of these first attempts with you. This page will have links to collages published on websites as well as some unpublished ones. My hope is to publish a book of them.
In January of 2015, I had my first big solo show at Powell’s called Rookie Season. I made a limited edition zine to go with it.
On top of that, I’ve been co-hosting (with A.M. O’Malley and Lesley Harper) an “Open Collage Night” every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Independent Publishing Resource Center. Come on out and collage with a bunch of other cut-and-paste fanatics!
- Collage GIFs at Queen Mobs Teahouse
- I made some collages using Emily Kendal Frey’s Sorrow Arrow book
- Read about the making of Blue Girl
- Gay Bears Menace on The NewerYork
- Catholic What-Ifs on The NewerYork
- My interview with collage artist Jesse Treece
- Three collages about 2013, feminism, and basketball on Ohio Edit
- Some old style word collages on Noo Journal
- More minimal word collages at Unshod Quills
- Other collages have appeared in print with Lazy Fascist Review, Jerkpoet, Kolaj, and is forthcoming in Black Candies and Clackamas Literary Review.
Here are some links to other collage artists that I greatly admire: